When Expat doing a business in Hoi An → Open a restaurant, coffee shop in Hoi An with 100% foreign capital as WTO commitment 11/2007 is permitted in Vietnam after 08 years of the commitment route.
According to WTO accession commitments, the foreign directly investor with 100% foreign capital (FDI) into Vietnam in the field of distribution must comply with time schedule: From 1/2007, mandatory joint ventures with Vietnamese partners with foreign capital not exceeding 49%. Since 1/2008, it is permitted to joint ventures and not limited to the proportion of foreign capital in the venture. Since 1/2009, there is allowed to set up businesses (DN) 100% foreign investment in the retail sector. And only since 1/2015, the FDI is open restaurants do not need to own the hotel project.
The advantage of investors:
The investor has two options below:
- Set up new business with 100% foreign capital in restaurants, hotels and coffee.
- Acquisition of chain restaurants, coffee, hotels are in Vietnam.
LHD advises to the investor:
- LHD counseling locations by local planning for the opening of the restaurant, coffee, hotel.
- Apply for guidelines of projects
- Preparation of documents and explanations of the investment license
- Apply for investment certificate
- Apply for certificate of food safety of restaurant, coffee, hotel.
- Advice and protection of trademarks, brand monopoly
- Other advice relating to activities of restaurant, coffee, hotel.
The famous cafes of Hoi An, with great reputation, are Hai, Before & Now, Triet, or Reaching out. Recently there have been 6 impressive new coffee shops that would be so weird to please your desire for chilling out in cafes and feeling the real peace of the life here:
Cocobana, one of the newest and hottest in the map of shops in Hoi An, is recommended a tranquil paradise to get lost in Hoi An. A relaxing oasis, super stylish tea, and arty souvenir boutique are not enough to describe Cocobana.
This is not a tea house or a coffee shop, this is a surprising house. The owner has outstanding style and has crafted together a gorgeous mix of old house, tea shop, local crafts and artifacts and historic pieces to make a really stunning boutique.
You will be more than amazed at all the decoration and stuff displaced as well as the peaceful environment.
This place is a blend of teahouse, museum, and a papermaking craftsmen workshop.
They have wonderful tea drinks, especially farmer’s tea. Perfect for yourself to refresh your soul and your body after long-day travel or in the hot weather this time in Vietnam
It also offers many kinds of special traditional stuff for sale.
They have a fun koi pond with stepping stones, a coloring room, and lots of little sitting areas tucked away in comfy spots. You feel like you are in your home, just relaxing in the afternoon.