TRADEMARK REGISTRATION VIETNAM
Registration of Trademarks in Vietnam REQUIRED INFORMATION Full name, address and nationality of the applicant; Description of the trademark.
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Description of the trademark: meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains foreign characters;
- List of goods/services to be covered by the trademark and if possible, the class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the International Classification;
- If a priority is claimed: statement of country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which the priority is claimed.
- A Power of Attorney from the applicant
() (notarization is not required);
- 20 specimens of the mark (the size of each specimen is not smaller than 15mm x 15mm and not larger than 80mm x 80mm);
- If the Convention priority is claimed: a certified copy of the priority document(s) and the English translation thereof.
A copy of the executed Power of Attorney can be accepted at the time of filing trademark application, but the original one must be submitted within 1 month from the filing date.
- A trademark application can cover more than one class;
- The time limit from the filing to granting date is 9 months, of which 03 months is for formality examination and 06 months is for substantive examination;
- The protection title of a trademark is a Trademark Registration Certificate, which is effective from the granting date;
- The validity term of a Trademark Registration Certificate is 10 years from the regular filing date and can then be renewed indefinitely for consecutive periods of 10 years;
- A Trademark Registration Certificate can be suspended by a request made by any third party if it is not used in five successive years without any proper reason.
LHD LAW FIRM IN HO CHI MINH