An English entry letter is called Vietnam entry approval letter or Vietnam entry permit, which is a document that allows foreigners to enter Vietnam.
Many people also call this Official Letter with another name such as: Entry Guarantee Official; Invitation letter for foreigners.
Contents of Official Letter on entry to Vietnam
On the entry official, there are basic information of foreigners such as:
– Full name
- Date of birth
- Nationality, passport number.
– Time allowed to enter Vietnam from … to …
The entry letter is not a visa. This official letter is the premise for foreigners to receive Vietnam visa. To get an entry visa, foreigners will present an official letter at the Embassy, Consulate or at the border gate (Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat...).
When to do CVNC?
Foreigners entering Vietnam will need this official letter. Except for the exemptions listed below, all entries are required.
Foreigners entering Vietnam will not be required to make this official letter if they already have one of the following documents:
- Visa type multiple times still valid.
- The temporary residence card is valid.
- The permanent residence card is valid.
- A valid 5-year visa exemption certificate.
– Visa-free entry (unilateral or bilateral visa exemption such as Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia).
– Entry by APEC card
– Unilateral or bilateral visa exemption
– Vietnam electronic visa (Evisa)
If you are not sure about your case, please call our Hotline – +822822446739 for further advice.
From March 15, 2020, Vietnam began to remove restrictions on entry during the Covid epidemic. Foreigners are free to enter Vietnam. And they only need to ensure a few basic conditions:
- Passport with validity period as prescribed.
- Not falling into the cases banned from entering Vietnam.
Entry ban refers to cases where foreigners are not allowed to enter Vietnam. Therefore, the Immigration Department may not issue official documents to them.
There are some cases where foreigners are banned from entering Vietnam such as:
– Forging papers, making false statements to be granted valid papers for entry, exit and residence.
Persons suffering from mental illnesses or infectious diseases that pose a danger to public health.
- Being expelled from Vietnam for less than 03 years from the effective date of the decision on expulsion.
- Being forced to leave Vietnam within 06 months from the effective date of the decision on forced exit.
For reasons of disease prevention and control.
- Due to natural disaster.
– For reasons of national defense, security, social order and safety.
Explain the purpose of wanting to enter Vietnam -> Then synthesize the dossier and send it to the People’s Committee of the city or province for approval. Depending on where the company is registered, the place of receipt of the application will be different.
Vietnam entry visa for Foreign Experts and Investors ⇨ Entry Acceptance Document from the People’s Committee of Vietnam Province/ City.
Entry dispatch to Vietnam shows the following information:
◽ Information about foreigners who will enter Vietnam.
◽ Name and address of organization or enterprise inviting to sponsor foreigners.
◽The entry period of foreigners into Vietnam, and the place to receive the Vietnam visa, can be the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate abroad or the international border gate (Airport, land border gate…) depending on each specific case.
Vietnam entry visa for Foreign Experts and Investors ⇨ Approved for entry of the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
We do this after entry approval from the People’s Committee and the Vietnam Immigration Department.